Development in Africa panel
Financing Development in Africa: National Initiatives and Donor Support
Wednesday, March 6, 2013
4003 FedEx Global Education Center
A panel discussion featuring six distinguished visitors from a diverse group of African nations
The panelists, Senior Finance Ministry Officials, will discuss ways in which African nations and their development partners grapple with thorny issues in development financing. Who sets priorities? What issues dominate the dialogue between donor countries and recipient countries? What would an ideal process for allocating donor assistance look like?
• Ms. Lilian Best, Special Assistant to the Minister, Ministry of Finance, Republic of Liberia
• Mr. Xavier M Ekpo, Assistant Director (Infrastructure), Ministry of Finance , Federal Republic of Nigeria
• Mr. Sana Jawara, Chief Public Health Officer,Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, Republic of the Gambia
• Mr. Moses Mabior Deu, Director of Aid Coordination,Ministry of Finance & Economic Planning, Republic of South Sudan
• Mrs. Hawa Musa, Senior Development Finance Adviser, Ministry of Finance and Economic Development, Republic of Sierra Leone
• Mr. Fred Muhumuza , Economic Advisor, Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development, Republic of Uganda
Moderated by Dr. Georges Nzongola, Professor of African Studies, UNC-Chapel Hill
This session is sponsored by the Global Research Institute, the Center for African Studies and the Department of African and Afro-American Studies.